Tinnitus is a perplexing condition that currently effects over 50 million people world wide, yet the prospects of finding a true cure for chronic ear ringing or other annoying tinnitus symptoms is slim to none. At least that is the opinion of the traditional medical community. The good news is that there have been great strides in the alternative field of medicine in the last decade that have helped thousands of people find their sanity again through a proven tinnitus treatment known as Tinnitus Retraining Therapy.(TRT)
This advanced type of holistic therapy is best explained by teaching the brain to cope consciously and subconsciously with inner ear sounds such as low pitched ringing, humming, chirping and soft whirring noise that can only be heard by the individual themselves. This technique is widely used throughout the pages of Tinnitus Miracle, a best selling ebook that has been written by the acclaimed author Thomas Coleman, a former tinnitus patient who is also a well known health coach and nutritionist.
The simple reasoning behind this therapy is that the patient must first identify the source of their tinnitus and then learn to treat the condition and not the symptoms. For instance, think about listening to heavy rain pattering for hours on a tin roof, as time goes by the noise becomes less noticeable and is pushed to the back of your mind and is eventually ignored by the brain. In short you subconsciously block out your symptoms. This is the first step in finding relief.
Of course with any holistic treatment there are many effective remedies that need to be implemented while starting a Tinnitus Retraining Therapy regime. You will find a short list of recommended steps below:
1. Start by compiling a complete log of information about your condition, this should include tinnitus symptoms and daily living habits.
2. Practice a combined use of stress management and relaxation therapy, including meditation, deep breathing techniques. Ancient exercises such as yoga and Tai Chi are also highly recommended to reduce anxiety and stress levels. The idea is to naturally lower blood pressure and increase blood flow to the brain which in turn virtually eliminates all signs of ear ringing, even pulsatile tinnitus (hearing your heart beat pulsing in the inner ear)
3. Implementing masking devices such as ceiling fans, soft background music, white noise machines and use of interior decorative water fountains are all great ways to divert attention away from inner ear noise. In severe cases of tinnitus, a hearing aid may be suggested by your physician to improve hearing while minimizing ear ringing.
4. Change in dietary habits may be needed. The over use of sodium, caffeine, spicy foods. alcohol, sugar and artificial sweeteners may be major contributors to accelerating your tinnitus.
5. List all over the counter and prescription drugs you are taking. There are currently over 250 drugs that are responsible for causing tinnitus. Aspirin and Staten drugs are among the worst on the list. Speak with your doctor about using alternative remedies to treat blood pressure and high cholesterol. For every prescription drug, there is a natural herbal remedy that will probably work just as well.
6. Natural Herbs and supplements such as Ginko Biloba, Zinc, Potassium, Vitamins C and A, DMAE and lipoflavonoids are all highly effective in increasing blood flow and circulation to the brain while reducing ringing ears.
Finding peace and quite from tinnitus is not an overnight process and there is no miracle involved, it honestly takes much effort and persistence to stop ringing in the ears. However, following the proven protocols of Tinnitus Retraining Therapy that are easily explained through a 5 step system in Tinnitus Miracle will help make a big difference in your hearing and discomfort.
As with other chronic conditions and diseases there is unfortunately no said cure for tinnitus, however, you will experience guaranteed relief by using the guidelines in this article that are taken from the pages of Tinnitus Miracle.
Lauren Schwaiger, is a certified personal trainer, with expertise in natural health and wellness. For more info on holistic tinnitus treatment make sure to visit TreatingTinnitusRinging.com a complete tinnitus resource