I’m no philosopher but I am a good observer. And in my 15-years as a Feng Shui consultant, I have met many clients anxious to find their soul mate. When I ask what approach they have taken, I get the usual answer. “My friends try to play Cupid for me.” “I joined an internet dating site.” “I have been in singles group activities.” And when I ask their experience or success with these approach, I usually receive the same reaction…loss of eye contact as they look at their feet in silence!
I remind my clients that finding love needs to start with them. Because, love isn’t just a “feeling,” it’s an action. And perhaps they need to “stop searching” and instead “start attracting” their soul mate! People become very excited to learn that the secret for attracting a soul mate actually lies within their own living spaces and Feng Shui is the key to unlock these hidden secrets.
Can Feng Shui really help with a person’s relationship goals? You bet!!! Feng Shui is not magic and it’s not a religious belief system, it’s the art and science of adjusting a person’s living space to achieve specific goals. Feng Shui allows us to see how specific sectors of our living space relate to areas of health, money, relationships and other aspects of our everyday lives. And by making these adjustments to these sectors, a person can bring positive energy or “chi” to energize their goals. Here are some Feng Shui tips you can apply at home to help attract your soul mate or even strengthen an existing relationship:
1. Give Your Bedroom Attention. When your romance needs a small boost, always see what’s going on in your bedroom. Pay attention to how your bedroom is organized? Do you have a treadmill in it? Maybe a dog’s bed or pet shares your space. Are the curtains and bed linens new or worn? Make adjustments in your bedroom refresh the look and remove out-of-place items – This will make your bedroom more attractive and create positive energy. You will be surprised at how some small adjustments can make a big difference!
2. Eliminate Clutter. Have you ever noticed how good spring cleaning makes you feel or how good you feel when you rearrange the furniture? Well, that’s because you are moving energy around that may have been stagnant. Clutter creates a huge amount of stagnant and negative energy. A stagnant relationship can also be a sign of a stagnant bedroom. You can actually reinvigorate your relationship just by de-cluttering, redecorating or arranging your bedroom. And one other Feng Shui tip, try to avoid storing things under your bed as it may negatively influence the relationship.
3. Proper Bed Placement. Placing your bed in the “Commanding Position” empowers a healthy and happy relationship. The bed should be positioned so that when you sleep, you are able to see the door. You will be more relaxed in this position as you will not be on-guard consciously or unconsciously about someone entering the room without you knowing.
4. Decorate in Pairs. Pairing objects in the bedroom is strong symbolism in Feng Shui and a great way to create positive intentions. If you have only one lamp next to the bed, add a matching lamp to the other side of the bed. If you already have matching items next to the bed, then add two matching decorative items (such as vases) in the relationship sector of the bedroom. The relationship sector is located at the far left side corner from the entrance of the room.
5. Shut the Bathroom Door. Many bedrooms have an attached bathroom. Keep that door closed and always make sure the toilet seat is closed too! In Feng Shui, the bathroom drains energy. Think of it this way, your love is energy and if the bathroom door is open, your positive energy is going right down the drain, or even worse, right down the toilet.
6. Check Your Pictures. The pictures hanging on your bedroom walls can be “blocking your efforts.” Make sure you don’t have images displaying individual people or images showing people’s backs turned towards you. Switch these pictures, posters and art for items with happy couples or pairs.
7. Hang a crystal in a window. Hang crystals in the window acts as a magnet for positive energy. The rainbows of light cast by the sun hitting a crystal can cleanse a room of negative energy. These are nice to have in rooms throughout the house. To see the beautiful colors dancing on the wall is to infuse the house with positive energy. To get the best effect, hang crystals from a 9 inch long red string or ribbon.
8. Use crystal power under the bed. Place a smooth, round crystal ball at the foot of the bed to make relationships smoother. You can place one of these under the foot of every bed in the house to make all the relationships happier.
People invest a lot of time and money to seek answers to their relationship questions. Yet they are unaware that the answers lay within their own living spaces and Feng Shui is the key to unlock these hidden secrets. For more than 15-years I have been demystifying Feng Shui for clients and showing them how Feng Shui adds purpose to the way their living space is organized and how it can enhance their goals in love and relationships as well as financial prosperity, health and overall happiness.
Beata Kulitskaya is a certified Feng Shui consultant and owner of Double Happiness Studio. She has been demystifying Feng Shui for clients and showing them how Feng Shui can enhance relationships for 15 years. To learn more about Feng Shui, Beata’s classes or home consultations, visit her web site at www.dhsfengshui.com or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.