If you have been dating your boyfriend for a while, you may be hoping that he proposes to you. However, time spent is not always an indicator that you are headed for marriage. There are signs that your boyfriend is more likely to propose than others—or is at least thinking about it. The top five ways to tell if your boyfriend is going to propose to you are as follows:
1. Future Talk. Even if he does not come out and say “Would you marry me if I asked?” before a guy pops the question, he has usually talked extensively about the future with the woman he plans to propose to. This future talk could be anything from asking how many children you want to have to where you want to settle down, to how soon you would like to settle down. These questions are usually asked to decipher whether you are ready for marriage, as well as if you would say “yes” in the event that he would ask you to marry him.
2. Missing Jewelry. Did you misplace your jewelry—a ring perhaps, only to find it in an obvious place later? Maybe your boyfriend borrowed it so he could size it. Of course, you could have simply misplaced your ring, but if your ring mysteriously disappears then reappears, a proposal could be in your future.
3. Odd Behavior. Sure, if your guy starts behaving strangely this could mean a number of things, but coupled with the other items on this list, odd behavior could signify that he’s preparing to pop the question. Choosing a life partner and proposing is one of the most important decisions a man will ever make, so when he is thinking about popping the question, he will likely be deep in thought and nervous, which could result in seemingly odd behavior.
4. Sudden Interest in Jewelry. Have you noticed your guy has taken a sudden interest in jewelry? Has he asked you if you prefer gold, silver or platinum? Even if hasn’t been that obvious, if you catch him taking glances into jewelry stores as you walk by, when he normally would not have even noticed there was a store there at all, he may have sparkly rings on his mind, which could mean he’s contemplating proposing.
5. Family Ties. If you are very close to your significant other’s family and friends, and he is also close to your family and friends, there is a greater chance that he will see you as a permanent fixture in his life. This does not mean you have to always be around his family, but if he knows that when you are around them you are comfortable and feel at home, this could mean he is one step closer to asking you to be a part of his life forever.
Brooke Alexandria offers relationship advice for men and women of all ages, and in all stages of life. Regardless of if you are newly single, a dating veteran or married, you'll surely find useful tips to help you find love, navigate through your relationship and build stronger, long-lasting relationships. Follow Brooke on her journey through relationships at http://truth-about-relationships.blogspot.com.