Tibetan prayer flags are traditionally hung in high places to catch the wind so the prayer will be carried out to bless and bring good fortune to all sentient beings. Tibetan Buddhist Prayer Flags are colorful, rectangular cloths that hung outside and used to promote compassion, peace, strength, and wisdom. They are also used to carry prayers and mantras through the wind. There is perhaps no simpler way to create good merit in this troubled world of ours than to put prayer flags up for the benefit of other living beings. Prayer flags are not just pretty pieces of colored cloth with funny writing on them. The ancient Buddhist prayers, mantras and powerful symbols displayed on them produce a spiritual vibration that is activated and carried by the wind across the countryside. All beings that are touched by the wind are uplifted and a little happier.
The colors of Tibetan prayer flags are significant because they symbolize each of the five elements. Blue stands for the ether, or wind element. The white flag symbolizes air, and the red flag stands for fire. The green and yellow flags symbolize water and earth, respectively. The five colors of Tibetan prayer flags represent the five directions, (North, south, east west, and center). The five prayer flags also represent the five meditation Buddhas, and the five wisdoms. The five wisdoms are compassion, harmony, wisdom of sight, kindness, and perfect wisdom.
Significance Of Tibetan Buddhist Prayer Flags:
• The flag may be hung indoors but its rightful place is where its messages can be freely distributed with the wind.
• The five colours signify various things apart from the five elements, like the five directions or the five meditation poses of Buddha.
• Hanging it at the threshold of a house brings in happiness and blesses everyone who passes through it.
• The most auspicious time to hang a prayer flag is during the Chinese New Year. This moment is one that should be celebrated, hence people call over their family and friends to hang it together.
• A prayer flag can be hung during times of happiness or grief.
• It should be hung at a higher altitude of the house.
• People also like to hang a prayer flag in their cars or on their bikes. A fluttering prayer flag brings peace and harmony to its surroundings.
Symbols on prayer flags include prayers for wealth, wisdom, and health, or the eight auspicious signs. Many prayer flags also depict mantras, such as the Tibetan Buddhist mantra, Om Mani Padme Hum.Prayer flags can be placed inside of a room in your house, and traditionally they were placed outside of houses as well. Around the frame of a doorway is a lovely place to display your prayer flags. Prayer flags are also hung during times of great happiness, such as a birth, or times of great sadness.
Divyamantra Offers spiritual, devotional products,Spiritual products Online,God Idols ,Spiritual Jewellery ,Spiritual Remedies,Gifts ,Puja Accessories,Yantras & Kawach,Feng-Shui & Vastu ,Rudraksha & Gems pyramids, yoga and meditation from India