Youâve been nothing but amazing to your man. You cook for him. You clean for him. You support him. You respect him. You give him his time away from you. You are patient. You are kind and the list continues to go on and on and on. So, why is he cheating on you if you are so perfect to him? Why do happily married men cheat?
To break this down and to understand what goes on in the mind of a married man who is having an affair, letâs break it down. Here are 10 reasons why your husband is having an affair and why it happened in the first place.
1) Heâs insecure. This is the biggest reason of all. Those who cheat do it for some kind of sick gratification. Maybe he feels unworthy of you. Maybe he feels like he needs some sort of validation that other women are still attracted to him. Regardless, he is doing it because he is so painfully insecure, he canât handle it.
2) Heâs bored. It hurts but itâs true. Men cheat because they are bored in the current situation that they are in. Maybe you two havenât had the best sex lately or any sex for that matter. He might not be getting what he wants at home so heâs getting it from somewhere else.
3) Heâs lonely. Women are powerhouses and we dominate the world, even if society doesnât think so. It seems more and more often, that women are the ones who keep their emotions in check and are the ones who control the situation. Either way, he feels lonely and so he started talking to someone who made him feel like he was the king of the world. Again, it goes back to the security issue. If he feels lonely in the relationship, heâs cheating.
4) Heâs over it. Sometimes, when we feel like our backs are against a wall, we look for an out. Maybe the marriage isnât working and you both know it. Itâs not your fault, these things happen. He might not know how to approach you so he is taking a super selfish approach at doing it.
5) His friends did it. Maybe his friend had an affair and he had been thinking about it for a while and just needed a push into it. Men like to challenge each other and be better than the other. Itâs a silly game, but one that could definitely lead to an affair.
6) Heâs in love with someone else. If itâs his ex that he is after, then itâs game over. If heâs having an affair, it might be with her or it might be with someone else.
7) He has a weird fetish. For him, this could be something that heâs been dreaming of. He might have a thing for the idea of getting caught or the premise of an affair.
8) An opportunity presents itself. This is sickening, but it is true. If a pretty little thing comes up to him and tempts him, he might take it. This, again, has to do with his security issue. The fact that a younger woman finds him attractive and wants to sleep with him, might be just the thing he needs.
9) Heâs depressed. Even though he may seem happy in front of you, depression can sometimes mask itself. He might not be acting like himself when he is away from you, resulting in poor decisions.
10) Midlife crisis. Itâs true. If he is going through a midlife crisis, he could be making some crazy choices, and an affair might be one of them.
At the end of the day, there is absolutely no reason why a man should cheat, but it happens, so look for these signs and reasons so you can protect yourself.
You need to know whatâs going on in your marriage. If your husband is being unfaithful now is the time to learn the truth.