Let me start with a definition of PDF. This is an abbreviation for Portable Document Format (PDF) pretty much the standard for creating electronic documents and forms for easy reading and distribution from your Boomer Business to anyone. Creating a PDF will keep your document formatting intact which includes; layout, fonts, colors, and images. When sharing documents, you just never know if the recipient has the same word processing software as you.
A key benefit to using this format – the document is compressed into a smaller size making it more “portable” or . The PDF format is more secure because the document cannot be changed easily. A PDF is perfect for products like ebooks, special reports, manuscripts and more.
The leader of the PDF software industry is Adobe Acrobat unfortunately their software is way too expensive for a small budget. Good thing they aren’t the only game in town!
Okay Boomer Entrepreneur before you purchase PDF software for your business try one or all three of these options first:
1. Check your word processing tool for built-in PDF functionality
* If you are using Microsoft’s Office 2007 they have a free save as PDF add-in. It allows you to easily create PDF documents in Word and six other Office applications. Unfortunately early versions of Office do not have this feature.
* If you are using OpenOffice.org (a free office productivity suite) they have a one-click button that enables you to create PDF files quickly and easily.
* If you are using Google Docs you can use a document you created with this tool or upload a document created in another tool then simply use their download as “PDF” button.
2. Create your PDF document on the web no software needed
* With PDF Online you can convert a document or image up to 2 MB in 3 simple steps. Upload your document, give it a name and provide your email address; they will send your converted document via email.
* With ZAMZAR you can convert a document, image or just about anything else up to 100 MB to PDF. In addition to converting to PDF you also have the added benefit of several image formats, video formats and document formats. Simply upload your document, choose your format and they will send the converted item to the email you provide.
3. Try using free downloadable software that functions like a printer
* You can install CutePDF Writer for commercial or personal use without worrying about any annoying popup ads or any unnecessary watermarks featuring their branding. Once installed you can create a professional quality PDF from just about any application with a print button that allows you to select CutePDF Writer as the printer.
Imagine being able to create all your business PDF documents without taping into your technology budget. Sharing documents just got easier with a free pdf converter built-in, a free pdf converter online or using the pdf software download. Having a smart solution for your Boomer business is like money in the bank, these three options will get the job done!
Tonya R. Taylor principle of Rising Star Ideas.com, is a Social Media Strategist who works with women owned businesses, entrepreneurs, small business owners and other solo professionals who say "I Don't Get Twitter". She teaches how to leverage Twitter for business. For daily updates on free tools, tips and reviews for your small business follow @RisingStarIdeas
Boomer-Living.com is a unique and innovative internet resource whose goal is to be the most trusted and reliable internet destination for people of the Baby Boomer Generation.
The objective of Boomer-Living® is to "MAKE A DIFFERENCE" by offering valuable information, guidance, tools, and tips, as well as services and products, designed to improve the quality of life for all Baby Boomers.
Boomer-Living.com promotes and highlights the rich and rewarding possibilities available to all members of the Baby Boomer Generation, while strongly supporting the concept of lifelong learning, personal mastery, and self-fulfillment.