The USA remains one of the most popular countries in the world as an immigration destination. Millions of foreign visitors travel to the US each year. Others come to live here permanently. International visitors and immigrants add greatly to USA cultural, education and economic life. USA welcomes them and makes their stay safe. If you’re a citizen of a foreign country, in most cases you'll need a visa to enter the United States. More than a sixty kinds of visas are available according to the visit purpose. Some of them are;

Non-Immigrant Visas in America

Non-immigrant visas for America come in a profusion of formats, each designed to cater for specific groups of temporary applicants. With the exception of some permanent categories for those with extraordinary or exceptional ability, candidates wishing to live and work in the US will need to be in possession of a guaranteed, permanent full time job offer from a US based company. This is true of the H1-B (and its derivative the H2 visa), generally the most popular work based United States visa. Those who do not qualify for H1 visas may apply through the L1 visa.
Immigration on a temporary basis is also possible in order to undertake training or work experience on a J-1 visa in addition, students may study in America through an F1 visa for study designed for academic students or an M1 USA study visa for those wishing to undertake a vocational course of study.

There is also a range of specific visas for spouse immigration and dependent immigration which are awarded in accordance with the immigration category of the primary applicant. Separate classes are available for governmental officials, diplomatic persons, athletes and entertainers, religious workers, victims of crime and people with extraordinary ability in their field.

Immigrant visa to the U.S

Since the process of applying for a Green Card can be an exceptionally long one, one can take temporary routes such as to take the H1-visa, and to begin the permanent immigration process at the same time. H1- visas can be prolonged through applying for an American visa extension and since this route may endure for 5 or 7 years, proceedings for permanent residency in America can be initiated and can be allowed to progress separately during this time.
The other option is by obtaining a EB class visas. This class comprises EB-1 visas for priority workers, EB-2 Visas for professionals with advanced degrees or persons with exceptional ability, EB-3 visas for skilled or professional workers, EB-4 visas for special Immigrants or EB-5 visas, often referred to as an immigrant investor visa, for those wishing to invest large amounts in the United States.

For potential applicants those who do not qualify through an employment-based route, family immigration is possible when petitioned for by an existing American permanent resident, or someone who is an American citizen either by birth or by successfully applying for and obtaining a grant of US citizenship. In the case of permanent residents, spouses or unmarried children may be sponsored to come to the United States in this manner. For US citizens, the range of family members who can be sponsored is slightly broader, adding parents, and brothers and sisters.

Author's Bio: 

Gerald Cipolla & Associates specialize in H1b attorney chicago , and green card lawyer us services.