It’s that time of year again, when everyone joins the gym, exercises excessively, starts some sort of diet and skips meals just so they can look great on their summer vacation. By doing this quick fix, you may lose fat but it will come back just as quick as it fell off. It is a quick fix that is just not maintainable. Wouldn’t you like to know a few tips from the people who look great throughout the year and seem do to it effortlessly? Well read on and you too can be one of them.

Tip 1 Eat Breakfast
Breakfast kick starts your metabolism for the day resulting in fat loss. A good nutritious breakfast also provides you with energy and reduces the sweet cravings throughout the morning.

A good breakfast would include an omelette with spinach and cheese; bacon and eggs or for the lighter meal full fat yoghurt with berries and nuts

Tip 2 Resistance Training
It is thought that jumping on a treadmill for 40 minutes is the ideal fat burning exercise. Well I am here to tell you that this is just not the case. Lift some weights – yes that is you too ladies, at least three times per week. Lifting weights increases your metabolism so you burn fat after you have finished exercising. When you lift heavy, you recruit more muscles and muscle burns fat. Don’t worry about getting ‘bulky’ ladies as you do not have enough testosterone. Think toned! If you do not know what you are doing then ask a member of staff or better still, hire a personal trainer.

Tip 3 Snacks
If you are hungry and are no where near a healthy shop, you are more than likely to pick up a bag of crisps or sandwich. This is not going to help with your fat loss goal. Always carry a bag of natural, unsalted nuts with you along with a piece of fruit. This will tie you over until you come across healthy options.

Tip 4 Abide by the 80/20 rule
Even lean, healthy people eat treats now and then. If you eat correctly 80 per cent of the time, then the other 20 per cent of the time you can get away with treating yourself to a dessert or what ever you desire.

Tip 5 Eat protein, carbohydrates and fat with every meal
Protein such as meat, fish and eggs are the building blocks for lean muscle tissue and will keep you fuller for longer after your meal. Carbohydrates in the form of vegetables and fruit (not pasta, rice and bread) will provide you with your vitamins, minerals and fibre and good fats such as butter, olive oil, coconut oil, avocados and nuts will assist with vital organ function and also keep you feeling fuller for longer and reduce sugar cravings.

So now you have it, five tips the healthy and fit follow to keep them well healthy and fit. Implement these into your daily life and you too can see your body fat decrease and your health skyrocket.

Author's Bio: 

Results Personal Training North London are specialist in Fat Loss, using a holistic approach to diet and exercise. Results have helped thousands of individuals gain health, confidence and the body of their dreams