There had been significant revisions to the GED test in 2014. Many test-takers claimed that it has become more difficult. However, you don’t need to fret about it. With its updates came the availability of corresponding and reliable GED study guide resources as well. If you are planning to take the said test, then you should find these tips helpful.
• Get yourself oriented to the structure and content of the test. This is the first and essential task that you should do. Make means so that you become familiar with the GED test. Your skills in reading and writing, social studies, mathematics and science will be evaluated in the GED test. The creator of the test is a body called the American Council on Education, or ACE. They take charge of its administration, too. You can make use of various test prep methods and strategies for the GED test which is an HSE or a high school equivalency exam.
• Enroll in a GED preparation class. It is important for you to get one-on-one assistance when preparing for the test. You need someone more knowledgeable to facilitate as you work on your weak subject areas. In a GED preparation class, you will also learn how to arrange the most practical study schedule up to the day of your exam. Ask about such classes in your local area, or obtain more information on your state or jurisdiction’s education website.
• Utilize an online study course as part of your test prep. Your state may be sponsoring online GED courses. Search for these resources on the Internet. You may be requested to register for these, or you may be required to make use of other GED study guide materials. Online, you will find a marketplace for mobile, computer and print GED study guide materials. Be sure to look for credible websites when it comes to these.
• Use trusted GED books that will assist you in your test prep. You can purchase high quality and affordable GED test prep books online. These resources may likewise come with other workbooks and study materials. They are available to download or buy on the Internet or in your local bookstore or library.
• Take sufficient practice tests to assess and hone your skills. By taking practice tests, you can acclimate yourself to the real GED test along with its simulated content and time restrictions. This can significantly ease your test anxiety. At the same time, this method will help you evaluate your weak points so you can work on them.
• Use different methods of GED test prep. If you have the time and budget, combine multiple GED test prep methods, such as online test prep, GED study guide books and in-person or online classes to allow more
• Be aware and obtain the tools that you need for your test. At your test center, you will be provided with an embedded calculator that you will be using on a particular part in the GED math exam. However, you have the option to bring your personal TI-30XS Multiview Scientific Calculator in lieu of it. As part of your GED test prep for the math test, you should be familiar with the GED Math Formulas and Symbols reference sheet. One will be provided to you in your testing center, although it is available at the GED Testing Service website.
These are some of the GED study guide and test prep tips that you should consider. With proper preparation and knowledge, you can ace your test and get hold of more propitious academic and career opportunities.
Passing the GED® test can be hard. That’s why we’re here to help. At GED® Study Guide, we have tons of free resources to help you study. We have everything from practice tests, video lessons, online courses and a thriving community of students just like YOU.