Siew (not real name), 44-year-old-female, is a radiographer in a hospital in Hong Kong. In July 2002, Siew faxed me this message:
“I suffer from cancer of the breast – infiltrating ductal carcinoma in August 1993. Total right mastectomy was performed. Secondary to the bones was detected at the same time. A course of chemotherapy was given consisting of twelve injections over a period of six months. At the same time, radiotherapy was given to the spine and ribs. Two doses of strontium were given after the course of chemotherapy. Tamoxifen and orimetene were taken orally daily all these years. Everything was in stable condition until August 2001. Secondary to both lobes of liver was discovered. Chemotherapy – FAC (5-FU, andriamycin and cyclophosphamde, six injections) was given, followed by eight doses of Taxotere. Now both my lower limbs are swollen. I suffered from pleural effusion (i.e. fluid in the lungs) at the same time. I started on oral chemotherapy, Xeloda on 10 July 2002. Now, my limbs feel numb. I feel tired easily and my heart sometimes beat irregularly. I feel short of breath at times. I hope Dr. Teo will help me.”

Accompanying this letter were two medical reports. Her blood test report showed that her white blood count, red blood count and haemoglobin were below normal. A CT scan dated 6 July 2002, stated indicated: “Liver metastases with no significant change in size and number as compared with previous CT scan done on 12 April 2002. Right pleural effusion; probable bilateral renal cysts; the lytic lesion in L2 vertebral body. Old fracture of a right lower anterior rib.”

Siew was prescribed Capsule A & B, LL-tea, Liver P, Bone, Ascites and Breast M teas.

On 16 August 2002, I received a letter from Siew: “I have taken your medication for two days and felt hot. Today, I feel warm only. Other than that, everything remains unchanged. I just stopped the diuretic which the doctor gave me, so my limbs are still swollen.”

Her fax in late August 2002 reads: “I have been taking your herbs for 3 weeks. My lower limbs and right upper arm are still swollen. The numbness in my extremities still exists but my breathlessness has improved.”

Fax of September 2002: “The doctor gave me Xeloda again. I dare not refuse because he will close my file and I have no one to turn to when problems arise. Dr. Teo is too far away for me to consult if emergency arises. My lower limbs are back to normal –only swelling slightly in the evening but will be alright after a night’s rest.”

Indeed Siew’s condition had improved. She had more energy, the swelling lessened and the flatulence in her stomach had disappeared. She did not suffer any more coughs or pains.
On 16 October 2003, Siew sent a fax: “I have stopped taking Xeloda since September. Now I only take your herbal tea. I am doing alright at the moment – just feeling pins and needles in my fingers and feet. I told my doctor here that I am taking your herbs. I would like to thank you again for helping and treating me and keeping me in good general condition. My sincere thanks to you again.”

Fax of 14 January May 2004 (i.e., 2 years on the herbs): “I am doing alright all along. I feel well and my appetite is good. Occasionally I have backache.”

Fax of 3 June 2005: “X-ray of the pelvis showed secondary deposits in the right acetabulum but I didn’t suffer any pains at all. I went for a detoxification course in Taiwan in March 2005. I suffered from left sciatica during the course. Physiotherapy did not help at all. I feel that my heart beats very fast intermittently but ECG was normal. Besides all those mentioned, I am doing fine.”

On 30 November 2005, Siew wrote: “I had an ultrasound done on 28 Nov. 05. The result is similar to that done in May 05. I am doing very well. Thank you for helping me all these years. I really appreciate your kindness and helpfulness.”

On 26 March 06 her e-mail reads: “I had my blood test done on 15 March 06. Most of the results are within normal range.”
On 3 January 2008, I received an e-mail from Siew: “Happy New Year to you! Thanks for taking interest in my case and treating me all along. I am very grateful to you and have been telling those in need in Hong Kong to go to your website. They have been asking me what herbs I am taking, so I asked them to read it up in your website.”

I was told that when Siew first wrote to me, she was in real “bad shape”. Her doctor gave her only a few months to live. But as of this writing, February 2008, it has been almost six years after modern medicine had failed her, Siew remained well and is still taking our herbs.

Author's Bio: 

A retired Professor of Botany and currently a practising herbalist specialising in cancer management. Founder of CA Care in Malaysia.