Although surrounded by false myths, hypnosis produces changes in the brain that help reduce perceived pain. It is a subjective experience that is difficult to fail, as is the case with consciousness or pain. In general, in a state of hypnosis, there is a change in attention, sensory perceptions and time.

In addition, the threshold of perception of pain raises, hence the analgesic effects attributed to it, known since ancient times.A recent review notes that hypnosis produces much focused attention state, which minimizes other thoughts and sensations. It consists of two processes, induction and suggestion. In this regards online terapi has gain much success due to its vast field and classification.

Hypnosis and modern ideology

The instructions given by the hypnotist for the person undergoing hypnosis to reach a characteristic mental state are called induction. These instructions aim for the participant to focus on something concrete, for example, the sound of his own breathing. And the characteristic state that it reaches is usually denominated hypnotic trance, although this denomination is quite controversial.The suggestion is a phrase that describes changes in perceptions and does not require the person to be hypnotized strives to achieve.

What happens in the hypnotized brain?

Although people in a state of hypnosis tend to have their eyes closed and are calm, they do not sleep, as is proved by electroencephalography, which clearly defines sleep and wakefulness. Hypnosis has characteristic and different parameters of both states.

When you "dream awake," without thinking about anything in particular, the brain's default neural network is activated. During hypnosis the activity in that neural network decreases, as it happens when you concentrate on some task.

Anyone can be hypnotized – True or false

In fact, 80% could experience this phenomenon with relative ease. Of the remaining 20%, half are much more suggestible than the average and the other 10% very difficult to hypnotize. However, other areas are activated, such as the anterior cingulate cortex, which is related to attention and cognitive control, and other areas involved in the production of mental images, such as the presumes, the occipital and temporal cortexes.

Hypnosis produces an increase in heart rate, at the beginning of the process, probably due to little familiarity with the situation and decreases throughout the session. Blood flow and blood pressure also vary during the hypnotic process, increasing the first and decreasing blood pressure. Altered states such as catalepsy, or muscle stiffness, analgesia, visual, tactile and auditory hallucinations and amnesia may also occur.

Analgesic effect of hypnosis

The analgesia induced by hypnosis has been shown to be very effective in the treatment of chronic, oncological and neuropathic pain in patients with HIV and phantom limb, after the amputation of some limb. It is effective in reducing pain after surgical interventions. This property is also used by dentists, who use it more and more in their consultations. Hypnos Stockholm offers each benefits of hypnosis with pure perfection and positive result only driven by the professionals.

Author's Bio: 

Marina Pal is a renowned author and social media enthusiast.