Having strong connections with the sea, Greece emerges as a powerful nation worldwide with great tourist activities all through the year. With a vast collection of over 14000 islands spreading across the Mediterranean Sea, the Ionian Sea and the Aegean Sea, the country hosts numerous diving destinations for you. This is one of the reasons, why Greece scuba diving experiences are famous amongst snorkelers and divers globally.
A not to miss experience
Scuba diving in Greece will surely provide you a spellbound experience that you will remember for life time. Clear visible water teeming with exceptional marine life, shipwrecks and caves becomes the most promising attractions for many. Thousands of divers travel to Greece every year to explore the goodness of underwater treasures. Although, scuba diving is now allowed in all the areas of the country, some specific prohibitions do apply even today.
Key diving rules in Greece
No matter how much experienced you are as a diver, Greece still levies certain rules for diving. These include –
- Diving in the night is only possible under the supervision of a certified centre guide.
- The government still prohibits solo diving in every region of the country regardless of the expertise or PADI certification you have.
- If you are a novice diver, you need to learn the basics of diving from a reputed scuba diving training centre.
Major diving attractions in Greece
With plethora of captivating diving sites available in Greece, you cannot explore all the diving sites in just one visit. Thus, to get the most out of your touring experience, you need to plan your itinerary with greater efficiency. Consulting a reliable travel agent for customized packages is undoubtedly a smarty move. Moreover, here are some of the key diving attractions in Greece that you must visit –
- The Aegean Sea diving – The north-eastern part of Aegean Sea offers great prospects of scuba diving for you with numerous diving centres available at your service. Some of the most popular diving spots around this sea are Lesvos, Thassos, Samos, Crete, Cyclades, Ios, Mykonos and more. Comprising various rock slides the waters of the Aegean Sea offer exceptionally clear water and noteworthy marine life for your memorable experience.
- The Ionian Sea diving – Take your diving experience to another level by including the islands available on the coastline of the Ionian Sea in your itinerary. Boasting off a wide gamut of underwater caves, shipwrecks and attractive reefs, the islands near this sea offer numerous diving centres for your assistance. Some of the notable diving places of Ionian sea may include Corfu, Kefalonia, Lefkas, Zante and more.
- The Sporades diving – This is yet another specialised group of islands that offers endless diving opportunities for you. Its major diving islands namely Alonissos, Skopelos and Skiathos incorporate the second largest collection of middle ages and ancient sea wrecks worldwide.
Greecefully is surely your best guide for scuba diving in Greece. If you are willing add thrill and adventure into your trip consult the travel experts at Greecefully for best suggestions. They have detailed knowledge about every diving spot in the country.