Ayurveda Defines the Best Cure for Knee Pain
Ayurveda is an ancient line of medicine invented in India. This involves treatment of health issues using medicines (aushadhi), some exercises and change in eating habits. It is a holistic way of treating the problems like knee pain, which is mostly due to ageing in common people or due to overuse of joint in the athletes.
Treatments available in Ayurveda
Knee pain is a classic symptom of osteoarthritis. This disease has no clear cut cause but is caused due to working together of several factors, such as –biochemical imbalances leading to stress on the joints, abnormal cellular reactions causing cartilage damage. Ayurveda involves use of herbal medicines, meditation and yoga to manage the symptoms of knee pain. Some claim complete restoration of the knee joint, too, if the problem is identified at the start and treatment taken regularly.
Herbal medicines for knee pain treatment in Ayurveda work by improving enzymatic reactions, removing inflammation, and improving lubricating of the joint. Some of the effective medicines that can help in alleviating or curing the knee pain to a large extent are:
- Shatavari – This herb is found to be effective in reducing the production of chemicals like TNF-alpha and IL-1B which actually cause inflammation in the body. It is also known for its lubricating, soothing and cooling capabilities that are very helpful in swollen knee ligament treatment using Ayurveda.
- Triphala – This is an age old medicine comprising of herbs that have anti-inflammatory properties.
- Guggulu – Guggulu is a herb that inhibits the NFKB enzyme in the body. This enzyme is also responsible for the inflammation in the body.
- Ginger – Cyclooxygenase is an enzyme that causes inflammatory effects in the body. Ginger interferes with the action of this enzyme and provides relief from inflammation.
- Ashwagandha – Ashwagandha is a powerful herb whose effects are comparable to taking corticosteroids for curing inflammation in the body.
Meditation and Yoga for knee pain
Knee ligament treatment in Ayurveda is aimed at strengthening the joint and on restoring the balance of pitta and vaat in the body. The imbalance of these two is responsible for various problems including weak ligament in the body. With meditation and yoga, the air flow inside the body is improved and certain chemical and hormonal balances are improved which make curing of knee pain possible. There are some wellness centers in areas of Maharashtra that offer expertise and guidance on yoga and meditation, such as Nagpur, Pune, etc. The knee pain treatment in Nagpur is getting lot of attention from all over the country due to the amazing results delivered by the wellness experts there.
While yoga helps in achieving suppleness in the joints and strengthens it, meditation brings in the mental resilience required to endure the pain. The restoration of strength of mind to take the attention off the knee pain helps in keeping away the psychological problems that creep into the system.
So, follow the principles of knee care in Ayurveda and find relief from this debilitating pain that makes the old age quite difficult to manage.
Dr. Nitesh Khonde is an expert in Traditional & Modern Ayurveda and panchkarma therapy He as a driving force of this hospital has spread the culture of this ancient method of health treatment in the city and surrounding through his knowledge, exposure, and expertise.