As you probably know our money really does talk to us. For example, I know it talks to me because I’ve often heard it say, loud and clear: “Goodbye!”

Over the years I’ve taught several adult Sunday school classes about Christian Financial Management (CFM). Much of the material I gleaned from several of the excellent books that are available. In addition, as a result of much study, I’ve discovered that there are over 800 places in the Bible where God tells us how to be good money managers for Him. I suggest you get a Concordance and look up the passages for yourself. In the meantime, here are some of things that I discuss during my CFM classes. Perhaps they’ll help you when you think about your money and stewardship (money management):

1. The financial failure pays all of his bills and living costs first – then tries to tithe and save out of what is left. Usually there is nothing left. To be prosperous, you must pray for help, pay yourself first, and plug all of those money leaks.

2. We are accountable to God in Heaven and the IRS here on earth. On our financial statement, God looks at the top line (first fruits, tithes & offerings). The IRS looks at the bottom line (and everything in between)!

3. The profit motive is an honest, legitimate, and scriptural motive for the Christian to possess. This is important to recognize, because without an understanding of profit, you cannot succeed with your money. (See: Luke 19: 15-17).

4. You can succeed as a money manager if you will maintain a sincere desire, over a long period of time and I might add, for you to achieve your goals your money management plan should include: Desire. Time. A good Plan that you stick to.

5. Essentials for success with money are:
Prayer; a plan to save (have) money; a way to control all of your living costs; a solution to the problem of dept; the solution to most money problems is more personal discipline, not more money; a Christian must learn to run toward his creditors, not away from them. Why? Because a Christian must focus on the rights of others before his own; where money and credit are concerned, you’re in business for yourself (i.e. you must have a “profit” (the money you use to pay yourself first) to stay in business for yourself); you cannot save by spending and buying; the planning and management of money is more important than the money itself; recognize that the money you have is God’s money, you are merely managing it for Him as His "steward" or banker.

In short, God expects you to return 10% to Him as He joyfully gives you the remaining 90% for your needs and wants. You must admit that is a – very good deal!

By: Terry L. Weber

P.S. I can help you manage your money in a small way with the very durable products I offer to you on my website:

Author's Bio: 

Terry Weber is a retired advertising/direct mail sales letter copywriter and inventor of several useful items. Terry and his wife Doris were Habitat For Humanity, RV Care-A- Vanners who, for the past eight years volunteered to help build more than 39 houses all over the USA. They traveled to and from the 2-week long builds in their RV. The money they make on their website helped them pay their expenses to and from those volunteer Habitat builds.

P.S. Due to the high cost of gasoline and some recent health problems we can no longer drive the RV to Habitat builds. The RV has been sold. If you want to "give back" try joining Habitat For Humanity. It is both rewarding and lots of fun to help a hard working, needy family get an affordable home of their own.

Note: This is a "hand-up" not a "hand-out" program. The new owners of a Habitat house have a no-interest mortgage and no down payment is required. Their children then have a place they can point to and say: "My house! My home!" (Amen!)