It an important question which many homeowners ask when planning their first wall rendering coat. Truth be told, the answer is Yes; you do need the council’s approval.

The reason being there are so many on-site matters that need to be taken care of like accessibility, noise reduction and scaffolding.

Each of these key aspects requires a proper degree of acceptance (and will be discussed below in details). The good news is that all it takes is a simple phone call to get answers to all these key questions.

Onsite Matters Worth Discussing:-

  • The Property Access:- Based on the home location, accessibility for the tradesmen is very crucial here. So, one needs to ensure that all the neighbours are well aware of the work being done. This avoids any inconvenience to them or possible hindrances during the project.

Also, be sure to keep aside any form of obstruction around the house, making it easy for the tradesmen to have a clear run. Furthermore, this also reduces any potential accidents from taking place and slowing down the work pace.

The building council for planning and infrastructure development is very strict in regards to noise restriction. Local councils have noise limits via which they look to reduce noise pollution.

As per the working hours, the general working hours are to be between 7 am to 6 pm on weekdays and till 2 pm on weekends.

Thus; one should consider communicating with the chosen cement rendering professional and sort out these important aspects before starting.”

Also, be sure to associate with a licensed and trustworthy cement rendering contractor to ensure the work is done professionally, seamlessly and as per the noise restriction norms levied by the local council.

  • Scaffolding:- In words of Jesse Tyson:- a building rendering contractor:-

“This is another crucial aspect to sort out if one has a one storey high apartment or where the house is sitting upon an uneven land consisting of split level design.

Take for example- the terrace situated on the main road and having the entry door on the front footpath for passer-by will need approval from the council board.

So, if one’s property design is such that it could potentially impact the general public or the entryway extends from the footpath or council property, then speak to the local council and clear out the regulations and rules.

Ideally, a proper scaffolding treatment doesn’t require any more than a couple of weeks at the max if performed by a qualified and budgeted rendering contractor serving the region.

However, how quickly one can start the work depends greatly on how promptly the council processes it. So, be sure to speak to their delegates and get closure!

Final Words:

Now that these are ‘clear-as-crystal’, before going for a quality cement rendering operation, put a fast call to the neighbourhood local council and get answers to all these key questions. This will ensure peace of mind and allow one to get the rendering treatment done confidently.

Author's Bio: 

The author is a cement rendering contractor and over the years has done a variety of wall coats professionally. Being a writer, the author also educates the readers on the role of a building rendering contractor in completing projects properly.