Honey allergy is a common problem among consumers of honey across the world. It is fatal in little babies who are below twelve months old. When analyzing honey allergy symptoms you should consider adults and children. Infants develop a condition called botulism which occurs due to the presence of a bacterium Clostridium Botulinum. When a child is infected, it develops a number of horrible side effects or symptoms. The main symptoms of honey allergy in little babies are enumerated below.
• Severe constipation
• Difficulties in breathing
• Nervous system damage leading to muscle weakness
• General body weakness and exhaustion
• Drooling
• Change in feeding behaviors, such as poor breastfeeding and feeding
• A child is unable to hold its head when the muscle weakness problem extends to the neck.
• A faint cry
It is important to notice these signs quickly to avoid a premature death of your baby. You could easily keep your baby from harm by not feeding him or her honey, sweet syrups or foods that contain honey. The other form of honey allergy affects adults and bigger children. It can also be serious, especially if it causes an anaphylactic reaction. Honey allergy symptoms to expect in adults and kids older than twelve months include the following.
• Breathing difficulties
Anxiety and agitation
• Difficulty in swallowing anything
• Wheezing
• Swelling of the throat, tongue and face
• Red rashes or hives may appear on the skin and they could be itchy. This sign is mostly present when a person has been stung by a bee.
• A dizzy sensation which could lead to a drop in blood pressure.
• A quick pulse, foggy brain and headache
If you take a long time to see a doctor, you are likely to suffer from anaphylactic shock. In addition, you can develop convulsions or shortness of breath. It is good to master the above signs of honey allergy to be in a position to save someone. There is no better way of keeping yourself safe than knowing yourself well. If your beloved ones or you have honey allergies, you can stay safe by avoiding honey altogether. If you have mild side effects, you may ask a physician how to eat honey without severe anguish afterwards. Furthermore, you must not take any OTC (over the counter) honey allergy drug you stumble upon.
You should ask your doctor to recommend the most effective drug for bee allergies. Diphenhydramine is considered the best drug to use for instant relieve. As always, all drugs should be kept away from children and must be used according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Use of the above-mentioned drug or any other does not exempt a visit to the hospital, especially, if a patient looks very bad. It should only act like a first-aid drug before a patient is taken to a doctor. Honey is surprisingly used to cure some allergies as well. Even so, it will only help someone who can consume it safely. If you react really badly after consuming honey, stay away from honey supplements as well unless your doctor permits it.

Author's Bio: 

You can find this information about Honey Allergy on our Website today. Come and learn more about other uses and benefits of this bee product.