Today, electronics recycling is fast becoming the fastest growing sector; this refers to the practice of saving the working parts of any complex electronic device to be used in other equipment while safely destroying those parts that cannot be reused. This is the modern way of reducing the amount of electronic waste and saving the planet from the ravages of environmental threats paused by such waste. When people dispose electronic waste just like they do the other forms of trash, it is likely to have hazardous effects on human health and the environment; this is why you must play a part in saving the earth.

Where to start: After being used for a period of time, most electronic devices soon become obsolete and are ready to be recycled. The process involved in electronic recycling is actually more complex than what happens to plastics or other common forms of waste recycling. This job involves collecting all the e-waste, sorting them out before they are dismantled and finally identifying what parts can be safely used in another such machine. If for instance you have a CPU that is not functional, chances are that it has many valuable parts that can still be reused. It is not recommended that you try isolating these parts on your own because most of these electronic parts require specialized handling to prevent cases of possible poisoning.

Choose the right company: Just like there are new digital products flying off conveyor belts ever second, there are many electronics recycling companies that are coming up all over the world. It is important to make sure the company you choose abides strictly to all environmental compliances. Also check that the company has ISO certification given by the relevant regulatory bodies.

How to dispose what cannot be used: There is no doubt that close to 90% of electronic devices can be recycled leaving us with about 10% that cannot be recycled. The worry normally is how to deal with this remaining 10%. You need to remember that it is dangerous to dispose of the remaining parts in the regular landfills because it hazardous to plant, animal and human life. Many of these electronic devices have mercury which is very toxic in its nature and can easily create a health threat.

While mercury is generally used in many devices we use every day, improper disposal poses a threat to the environment. You should not dump such waste in landfills with other parts because of its potential threats. You need to hire a good electronics recycling company to help you deal with such threats.

Author's Bio: 

AVA Recycling is the premier Chicago electronics recycling. The company has all the tools and equipment required the successful recycling of computers and electronics so as to leave no electronic junk or e-waste after recycling. The company provides pick up services in specific areas in and around Chicago. In case you are looking for hard drive shredding or electronics recycling visit our website.