Positivite Affirmations

How many people have told you that you have done an outstanding job or praised you and made you feel special today? My guess is not many. Am I right?. You see, my understanding is that 80% of the world's population made up of negative minded people, the chances of receiving a compliment are very minimal. My point here is, if no one's there to pump your tyers and make you feel special 24/7, who is going to do it? I'm glad you answered YOU!

Positive self-talk means purposely giving yourself positive reinforcement, motivation, and recognition and is undoubtably the most neglected and overlooked requirement of our day to day progression. Congratulate yourself when you do well, and remind yourself of your abilities, accomplishments, strengths and skills. You have to learn to make self-talk work for you so commit to it. Positive affirmations have a very profound impact on your self-image, your self-esteem, and your performance as well as eventual success. Your subconscious triggers physiological responses to match the pictures and thoughts that you have of yourself to make them happen. Make this work for you by keeping your self-talk positive.

Replace Negativity with Positivity

Replace negativity with positivity

Ok, like I said before, you have to find something that works for you. Here are 2 variations of little self-talk phrases that you can use, so see what works best for you. For the purpose of this exercise, the emphasis is on 'I' and “You think'. There is no wrong or right answer, so put some emotion into each when you say them and see which one works best for you:

1) 'I' am brilliant!

2) 'You think' I am brilliant!

Now, the reason I have given you both is because, as humans, the majority of us are programmed to reject self praise. This is a reflection of our programming as a child. If you were fortunate enough to be brought into the world and grow up around the positive 20% of people, then chances are example number 1. 'I' am brilliant will work better for you. For the remaining 80%, example number 2. 'YOU' think I am brilliant, will work better initially. Like I said before, a large majority of us are programmed to reject self praise. By using the words 'YOU think', we are able to bypass this mental barrier by tricking the brain into believing it has come from someone else. You see people in this bracket value the praise and opinions of others more than their own. Over the next twenty four hours try both affirmations and see which one generates the best positive emotion for you. Remember, they were just two examples. Now that you can see how simplistic it is to use positive affirmations, I'll just take this opportunity to explain where to use them:

1) In front of the mirror.

2) Everytime you do your hair.

3) Everytime you brush your teeth.

4) Everytime you wash your hands.

The reflection in the mirror will create real honesty in your positive affirmations and add more meaning and authenticity . Say them out loud with as much energy and charisma as you can....the more you put in, the more you get out...just like most things in life. Repetition! Repetition! Repetition! - “It takes twenty one days to form a habit”. Don't expect miracles in the first week...it takes time and repetition for your brain to validate and absorb new information, especially when you are trying to override an existing habit or belief which has been ingrained for years or even a life time. Whenever you catch yourself using negative self-talk, stop and rephrase. Eliminate the negative words and focus on developing a positive affirmation that will overcome this negativity.

Author's Bio: 

Hi there, my name is Mark Piercy,
owner and developer of Live This Life.

About six years ago I had hit rock bottom in life. I was depressed,
had no job, was overweight and feeling quite sorry for myself.
I needed to make a change in my lifestyle in order to get out of the
rut I was in so I turned to the health and fitness industry.

Since that day I have transformed my life into something special. I now work for myself helping others who are in the same situation I was in those many years ago. Today I find nothing more satisfying than helping others achieve their goals and dreams in life.

My mission with livethislife is to transform bodies, change mindset, create more energy and motivation and give people the knowledge and tools they need to make a positive change and transform thier current lifestyle.