A vast majority of students navigate through their studies with no picture of their future. A large percentage is just collecting degrees. Many land themselves even to jobs that has nothing to do with their line of study or area of expertise. What is the cause? A lack of vision. A lack of vision is the reason many never finish what they start. Vision is so paramount. It provides motivation. Your vision is your future. A person without a vision is a person without a future. A person without a future will always go back to their past. Therefore, it is critical that you develop a clear and succinct vision for your life. Why do you exist? Your vision should be written down. When you write it down, it forces you to clarify it.

Now, not only you should have a clear and a succinct vision for your life, it is crucial that you develop clear goals. What are goals? Your goals are your feet to your vision. Your goals are so vital. They decide everything around you. Your goals decide your friends. Your goals decide your mentor. Your goals decide the necessary and the required investment you need to get to your dreams. A vision or a dream without a goal is just wishful thinking. A study by Harvard University found that when a person gets a job, 85 percent of the time, it is because of their attitude. Only 15 percent of the time, because of how smart they are and how many facts and figures they know. As a university or college student, what is your attitude towards your future? Your attitude will always be a determinant of your altitude in life. A great future and a distinguished life will not merely happen. It will require that you develop a clear vision and set goals that will take you closer to your dreams.

In 1952, the same university discovered that only 3 out of 100 graduates had written down a clear list of their goals. In years later, their follow up study showed that 3 percent of the graduating class had accomplished more financially than the remaining 97 percent of the class. Those 3 percent were the same graduates who had written down their goals. When you write down your goal, statisticians say, you increase a chance of obtaining it by 90 percent.
For you to succeed in achieving your vision and goals, thorough preparation is inevitable. Good success begins with preparation. Nothing happens without a causal effect. Preparation is paramount. The quality of your preparation will always be a determinant of the quality of your performance. Proper preparation will always promote proper performance. Improper preparation will always promote improper performance. Remember that you are not born qualified, you must become qualified. If your future finds you today, it will find you unqualified. You must put great efforts to your preparation. Champions do not become champions in the ring; they are merely recognized in the ring. Preparation time is never wasted time. Please, do bear in mind that great efforts do not always produce immediate results.

Author's Bio: 

Bheki Shabangu is a successful author and a graduate from European Business School in London, UK. More details can be found on the following link: http://www.authorhouse.com/Bookstore/ItemDetail.aspx?bookid=58176