Finding your divine purpose is not as difficult as you might imagine. If this is actually true, then why do so few people actually achieve this, and go through the motions of life without purpose or reason, feeling lost, unfulfilled and disconnected? The answer is simple. Most people do not like to think. It’s too much like hard work, and most people will run a mile to avoid some serious thought.
I hate to break it to you, but if you want to discover your divine purpose, you will have to engage in some thought! If you’re serious about this, you will need to accept the fact that your mind has the capacity to give you all the answers you’re seeking.
Here are the keys to discovering your divine purpose:
• Get quiet in meditation and connect to your true essence and ask, “How may I serve?” Understand that you have a part to play in this world, a vital part. You are a hero, a person of exceptional importance. You have a mandate, a mission here on planet Earth. Part of that mission will be in service of your fellow human beings. Every day, before you get out of bed in the morning, ask yourself how you can serve others. Ask over and over – your mind will give you the answer, even if it does not come immediately.
• Focus on what you love to do. What is that one thing in your life that you absolutely love to do more than anything? That thing that gives you inexplicable passion and zest for life? Think about it. What is that thing for you? It doesn’t matter what it is – it only matters that you love to do it more than anything, that when you do it, you feel alive like you’ve never felt before. Spend time thinking about this and make sure that you find that special thing in your life. Remember, your mind will give you the answers if you ask it.
• The next key some of you may find a little tougher. Find a way to serve other people with that passion you have deep within you, with that thing you love to do. How can you use your passion to help other people? Like I said, it doesn’t matter what you feel passionate about – it only matters that you do it, and that you find a way to improve the quality of other people’s lives by doing it. You have to add value to other people’s lives. Use your mind. Spend some time thinking about how you can do this.
• Now it’s time for some more thinking! Devise a way to earn a living doing the thing you love, while serving others by doing that thing. As I mentioned in the previous paragraph, your aim is to add value to other people’s lives by using your passion. Think about things you can do associated to your passion that will give people what they need or solve a problem that many people have. If you can find a way to give people what they need, you will have no problem turning your purpose into a business that will support you and your family.
• The last key is perhaps a little easier, but it still requires thought! You need to continually check in with your feelings to see if you’re on the right track. As you did in the first step, get quiet and go within – meditate. Think about what you’re doing and how you feel about it. Does it make you feel great? Does it make you excited to get up in the morning, like you can’t wait to greet the coming day to see what’s in store? If you’re not feeling this kind of passion about what you’re doing, you need to re-think what’s actually most important to you.
Your divine purpose is within you. You don’t need to go out into the world to find what it is. You will need to do that in order to follow that purpose, but to find it, all you need to do is ask yourself what you love to do and how you can serve others with that talent. Give it a shot. Use your mind and ask yourself for the answers. Your mind will give them to you!
Dante Petrilla has been studying the success literature for the past decade and used the techniques and skills he learned to turn his own life completely around. He transformed himself from a depressed person to a happy person once he learned to direct the focus of his thoughts and emotions. The one thing he found that made the techniques he learned so effective was the use positive affirmations to install them into everyday thinking. Dante is also a writer who enjoys writing in the personal development area.
Dante is also a memory training expert, and has written the book How to Memorize Anything with The Secret of Your Perfect Memory which is available on Amazon. He is also in the process of turning this into an audio book, which will be available in the near future.
Dante is an AUNLP certified life coach and NLP Master Practitioner, member of the American University of NLP, and also a Global Sciences Foundation member. He is now making a deeper study of NLP in order to implement what he has learned on his journey so that he might impart that knowledge and help others.