Getting traffic does not have to be mysterious. In fact it really isn't difficult at all. It takes some work but its not difficult work. Are you asking how you can drive traffic to your site on an ongoing basis? These traffic sources and methods are proven to work and will help you in attracting people to your website.


You might be familiar with the expression: "The money is in the list". This is VERY true! Website owners who delay building their list are losing out in a BIG way.

There is no time like the present to start building your list.

The purpose of your newsletter is to build your following or audience. It is wrong to embrace an attitude of trying to sell them.

In fact, 90% should be content and the remaining 10% about sales. This is the ideal ratio. The goal is to build an audience over the long run and not to make as many short-term sales as you can while literally burning out your audience.

Use High Quality Content

Your content needs to be of a superior quality. This will bring traffic over time to your site. In order for your business to be successful you need quality content that people will benefit from and so will come back and refer others as well.

How should you leverage high quality content?

One of the most straightforward ways is to make it available on your website. The high quality content should be mostly on your site than on any other.

Another way is to get your content published on other people's websites. A really good way to do this is to be a guest writer on other blogs.

This means that you write content exclusively for someone else's blog or site. The articles that you write need to be informative and attractive with a link at the bottom of it to point the readers back to your own website.

You will be surprised at the number of place where you can publish your content. Such places include article directories, other people's blogs, Squidoo and Hubpages, and many more. You need to get your content out so that it reaches as many people as possible.

Discover other Methods of Traffic

Try your hand at publishing a YouTube video and then see what the results are. Use PPC to see if you get a good response. Consider using Twitter or Facebook in order to determine audience response.

When you are benefiting from traffic to your site you should then expand to other means of gaining traffic.

In all likelihood only a couple of methods will actually be beneficial for you but you need to try it first so that you will know.

Interview the Experts

This is a great way to bring traffic as well as credibility to your website. Interview experts regarding the topics for which they are known.

Essentially this will achieve two things: Firstly, it will help you to provide superior quality content for your readers and subscribers. Secondly, it links your site to the person whom you interview.

Very often the person you've interviewed will then post a link to the interview on their website and even if they do not, you will benefit from the credibility that you will get from doing the interview. This is great news especially for the industry you're involved with as well as because it will benefit you in the eyes of the search engines.

If you interview ten experts chances are you will get around half of them providing backlinks which will increase your rankings and generate an increase in traffic.

There are numerous ways of driving traffic to your website. What you need to remember is that you must not delay. You need to start now and take action immediately so that you will continue to see results. Choose the method that appeals most to you and put it into action. Determine the results of your chosen method and then take whatever action is necessary.

Author's Bio: 

Ready to start working from home? Download a copy of the FREE report "Thinking of Starting a New Career – Working from Home?" today. It is a concise report I created to help you get started the right way so that you maximize your chances of business success and profitability. It will save you the hassle of having to stumble through trying to make money from home. Instead, it will set you on the right path from the start to ensure your business success.