If you want to shift to UK for your employment purposes, then you should consider applying Tier 2 General Visa UK. This visa is the right route for the skilled workers with a good pay scale to legally enter into the UK. However, you should cross-check your eligibility criteria before applying the visa. You won’t be approved for the visa if you do not meet the eligibility criteria. Following are the eligibility criteria of the Tier 2 general visa:
• You should have personal savings so that you can support yourself when you reach UK
• You should have a valid certificate of sponsorship for your job
• You should prove your knowledge on English
• You should show your travel history for the last 5 years and you should prove that you can travel
• You should show that you are being paid good and needed salary to stay in the UK
• You should provide a criminal record certificate if you have lived in any country for 12 months or more since the last 10 years or if you will be working with vulnerable people
• You should have tuberculosis test results if from a listed country
How to Apply for the Visa
You can apply for the Tier 2 General Visa UK either online or through the visa agency. You must meet the above-mentioned criteria to get approval for the tier 2 visa. If you are already living in the UK on any other visas, you can either extend the visa or switch to the tier 2 general visa if possible and you meet the requirements of the visa.
How Long Does the Tier 2 General Visa is Valid?
The length of stay for tier 2 general visa is 5 years 14 days plus one month after the period mentioned on your sponsorship certificate.
Can I Extend My Tier 2 Visa?
Yes, you can extend your tier 2 general visa, but your total length of stay should not exceed than 6 years. You can consult with your visa agency about on what circumstances you can extend your visa and whether you are eligible for the extension. The reason is that, the circumstances and eligibility may vary from one person to another person, so that you are asked to contact your agency.
Knowledge of English
You need to prove your knowledge of the English language when you apply. You can prove your knowledge of English by either:
• passing an approved English language test with at least CEFR level B1 in reading, writing, speaking and listening
• having an academic qualification that was taught in English and is recognised by UK NARIC as being equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree, master’s degree or PhD
You do not need to prove your knowledged of English if you are from countries such as Canada, USA, Australia, Jamaica, New Zealand, St Lucia, Trinidad and Tobago, Grenada, Guyana, Barbados, Bahamas, and more. To ease your visa application process and know the complete eligibility criteria, make sure to hire the right visa agency.

Author's Bio: 

If you want to shift to UK for your employment purposes, then you should consider applying Tier 2 General Visa UK