Did you know that 11.8% of women aged between 15 and 44 are dealing with infertility issues? Blame it on the fact that women in this age bracket have a hormonal imbalance or are not physically capable of getting pregnant. However, through the help of infertility and reproductive medicine in Wayne, more women are coming out to seek solutions to their problems.

So, what causes infertility? How can the issue be addressed? Read on to find out about this medical condition before you seek assistance from OB/GYN specialists at the University Reproductive Associates in New Jersey.

What is infertility?

Infertility is the inability to conceive or get pregnant despite having frequent and unprotected sex for at least 12 months. Initially, women took the blame due to hormonal imbalance. However, studies suggest that either you or your partner, or a combination of both factors, play a role in preventing pregnancy. Thanks to advanced medicines that are safe and effective, you can now improve your chances of getting pregnant.

How can you tell if you are infertile?

The best way to determine if you are infertile is if you are unable to get pregnant despite having frequent and unprotected sex with your partner for at least a year. Having irregular-to-no menstrual periods could also be a sign of infertility. For men, signs of hormonal imbalance can be an indication of infertility. Unless a miracle happens, couples facing infertility issues need to seek a medical expert to determine where the problem lies.

Who qualifies to see a doctor for infertility issues?

12 months of having frequent and unprotected sex without getting pregnant is a clear indication that you need to see a doctor; but, there are exceptions. If you are a woman, see a doctor if:

·              You have had more than one miscarriage
·              One of your family members is having infertility problems
·              You have been diagnosed with endometriosis or pelvic inflammatory disease
·              You are over 40 years old
·              Have irregular-to-no menstrual periods
·              Have gone through cancer treatment

If you are a man, see a doctor if:

·       Your family has a history of infertility issues
·       Your doctor once diagnosed you with testicular or prostate cancer, or sexual problems
·       You have small testicles or swelling in the scrotum
·       You have gone through cancer treatment

Request an Appointment at University Reproductive Associates

The amount of mental trauma couples with infertility problems face is enough to drive them to the wall. The possibility of being unable to conceive children becomes greater as you advance in age. If you have been struggling to get pregnant for over a year, the best thing to do is to seek the assistance of a qualified and certified OB/GYN expert. That way, you will understand why you are facing the problem and how it can be addressed.

At University Reproductive Associates in New Jersey, we have earned a good reputation for helping couples, that includes the LBGTQ community, have children. You can find us at three locations including Hasbrouck, Hoboken, and Wayne. Call us now to schedule an appointment with an obstetrician or gynecologist.

Author's Bio: 

I have been writing blogs and articles for nearly nine years. Apart from personal experiences, I also take interest in sharing my knowledge on varied topics such as fashion, healthcare, travel, and digital marketing.