The UK remains a leading destination for immigrants from around the world.

Hundreds of thousands of people apply to legally come and live there every year and often need to figure out the right immigration path to accommodate this transition.

In this article, immigration lawyers in London shed some light on this topic and provide expert advice on how someone can come and live and work in the UK and what different visa routes one can apply for.

Tier 1 Visa

The Tier 1 visaTier 1 visa is a popular category and also one of the toughest to qualify for. It is the main UK immigration route for migrants that wish to come to the UK to be involved in business activity.

Tier 1 Visa is divided into four sub-categories.

Tier 1 Investor visa is ideal for high net worth individuals who have at least £2,000,000 available to invest in active and trading UK registered companies.

Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa is aimed at business-minded migrants. You will need to invest at least £50,000 in the UK to set up a UK business with an endorsement from a recognized body. This class of visa is limited and difficult to acquire.

Tier 1 Exceptional Talent visa is aimed at emerging leaders in science, humanities, engineering, medicine, digital technology, fashion, and the arts.

Tier 1 Start-Up visa has replaced the graduate business category. Applicants must be endorsed by a UK higher education institute or a business organization with a history of supporting UK entrepreneurs

Get in touch/a>with our immigration experts ( for a free assessment of your Tier 1 Visa eligibility today.

Tier 2 Skilled Worker Visa

The Tier 2 Visa is suitable for skilled individuals who have secured a job offer from an authorized UK employer. It is the main immigration route for skilled workers to be employed in the UK.

The proposed employer must be a UK based entity and hold a UKVI sponsorship licence. The applicant will be issued with a certificate of sponsorship (CoS) by the employer. This document must be submitted with the UKBA at the time of applying.

CoS holds information on the migrant and the proposed job. The visa or Leave to Remain (LTR) is issued based on the period stated in the CoS.

If you hold a CoS from an employer and need support for applying to the UK, our legal advisors can help make your visa application process smooth and easy.

Tier 4 (General) Students

The UK is home to some of the best universities in the world, making it one of the prime destinations for international students. Universities in the UK offer programs on various disciplines, allowing students who enrol to be on the fast track to success in their careers and lives.

If you aim to study in the UK, know that our expert immigration solicitors are ready to assist you. We are ready to guide you at every stage, whether you are considering studying at a UK education institute or have already received your Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) letter. With our help, you’ll be able to start the application process for your study visa.

Dependents Visa

As per UK immigration laws, family members of immigrants, such as their children under 18, are considered dependants. The law allows dependents to accompany immigrants working or studying in the UK legally under Tier 1 or 2.

Dependants can also accompany students present in the UK under Tier 4 and enrolled for a significant duration.
People applying under this category need to meet certain requirements, such as documents proving dependency.
The visa office will carry out checks to verify the documents provided and decide when these checks clear. Dependants applying for this visa also need to meet maintenance fund and language requirements.

Spouse Visas

This visa lets the spouse or civil partner of a British national or a person settled in the UK to enter the country.

Typically, the applicant needs to receive this visa before entering the UK. However, this visa can also be obtained by a person already present in the UK on a visa of one category wanting to switch to this one.
Learn about the application method and your eligibility for this visa by consulting with our legal experts.

Short Term, Visit Visas, & Sponsorships

People who are looking to visit the UK for a period of fewer than six months can apply for a short term visa. Tourists visiting the UK need to apply for this visa, whether they are travelling for a general visit or attending a specific event.

This visa remains valid for 3 to 6 months, and switching to another category comes with several restrictions.
Our legal team can help you acquire this visa, making your visit to the UK as smooth as possible. They will assist in speeding up the application process for:

Visit the UK in a tour group
Marriage visitor visa
Short-term study visa
Standard visitor visa
Permitted paid engagement visa

The UK has a booming economy, a stable government, and one of the world’s best public health and educational systems. It is a great place to study and work.

If you are looking to move to the UK, seeking legal advice should be your first step to find out which immigration path suits you. For expert guidance and assistance speak with the limmigration lawyers at Gulbenkian Andonian Solicitors/a>i,they will be able to provide you with the most up to date advice and even handle the whole application process for you with nor problems.

Author's Bio: 

Marko is a software engineer, web developer, and student currently living in the United States. His interests range from technology to web development. He also interested in Cybersecurity. He is currently working as a full-time writer at