Do you sometimes find that despite all your hard work, effort and dedication, you still don't get the result you want? It's very frustrating, especially when you feel that you have done everything you can and it still wasn't enough. Once you understand what's going on behind the scenes, you will be able to make better choices that will in turn help you achieve your goals more easily.

To create positive change in your life, you must acknowledge both the conscious and the subconscious aspect of yourself. This is important because only 5% of the result you get is due to your conscious efforts and willpower; the remaining 95% comes from your subconscious patterns.

Your conscious efforts can be seriously hindered and sabotaged by your subconscious beliefs, thoughts, emotions and habits. Your body is a powerhouse of information. Every thought and emotion is stored in the body but most of us only have limited access to the subconscious mind and memories.

It only takes one thought or emotion for the body to recognise some sort of familiarity to revert to a subconscious programming. These subconscious programmes are usually formed in childhood, and they run in the background, influencing your decisions and actions without you even knowing about it.

You can have a conscious desire and put all your willpower to work, but if your subconscious programmes don't support your conscious desire, you will not get the result you want. When you, for example, consciously desire to be rich, but subconsciously feel undeserving of wealth and abundance, your body (subconscious) and mind (conscious) are in opposition. This is what causes you to struggle to achieve your goal.

Your future is being generated moment by moment through your thoughts, emotions, choices and actions. Whatever you decide to do at any moment in your life, will influence the direction of your future. The future is not something out there that is randomly being generated by accidental events. Everything is organised and arranged to reflect your thoughts, feelings, choices and actions. The future is the progression of your NOW moments. Whatever you think, feel or do right now is directly influencing and creating your future.

Every action you take is either bringing you closer to your desired life or moving you away from it. Everything that is happening in your life right now is the direct result of the choices you have made and the actions you have taken in the past.

If you want to create a different future, you will have to start making different choices and taking different actions. How do you do that? By thinking different thoughts, cultivating different emotions, and by increasing your awareness of your choices and reactions. When you do that, you become an observer and a conscious co-creator of your life.

Remember, you are in charge of your emotions, behaviours and actions. Other people and events are not the source of your happiness or your suffering. You are making a choice every time you respond to a situation. Whether you are aware of it or not, it's still a choice. Just by acknowledging this, you can bring your subconscious realm into your conscious awareness. Realise the enormous power and responsibility you have over your thoughts, emotions and actions.

Your commitment, focus and continuous practice will shape the outcome and the result you get. There will be times when you feel locked into your old mentality and habits. When this happens you will need to be patient with yourself and trust the process. Every time you make adjustments to your old habits and self-sabotaging behaviour, you are creating a new reality and will start to see different results.

Author's Bio: 

Emese Bodi is the founder of Shifting Perception, a life coaching company focusing on personal results through self-discovery and inner transformation.