Five Steps to Being Unforgettable:
1) Establish relationship first. Listen, be curious, be genuinely caring. Focus on the other person instead of yourself. Who is this person? This is how you establish relationship.
2) Identify the needs of this other person. How can you serve this person? Your partner will wake up for station WIFM (What's In it For Me).
3) Be authentic. Don't pretend to be interested. Don't pretend to care. You won't fool a soul. And no one wants to be around a fake. Meanwhile, the more you are authentically interested and authentically care about the people you meet, the more you'll find yourself meeting wonderful people!
4) Don't be your job. When someone says "tell me about yourself" what do you say? Cause EVERYBODY will answer the "tell me about yourself" with what they are working on, will be working on, or were working on. Snore. Be able to share at least three concise and memorable things about yourself that have nothing to do with your business. These things may be humorous or dramatic, but they reveal something about who you are as a person. "I taught blackjack to a bunch of orphans in Cambodia," do you think your questioner will forget that--or you--any time soon?
See how authentic you can be.
5) Finally, have a point to what you share. Pick your story with your audience in mind, and tell your questioner what your share says about you.
During my teleseminars I sometimes share that when I was in highschool I was hit by a car, thrown into a coma, awoke with a severe head injury, and spent my last semester homeless. I slept on a friend's dining room floor just so I could graduate. I graduated from high school--with honors--and attended a prestigious liberal arts college back east.
Why do I share this? I'm letting my audience know that I'm an achiever. I know what it's like to do whatever it takes to reach my goal. It's also why I focus on making progress effortless and pain free. I've become an expert at making things "just happen."
A quick recap to help make things "just happen" for you:
Build relationship by authentically focusing on the other person and his needs.
Be a real person, not your job.
Take a look at the stories that reveal who you are and set yourself apart. (Learn how to weave them in organically, at the right moments in a conversation or presentation.)
Have a purpose to what you share.
Morgana Rae, a master results coach and the “Money Magic Queen”, is owner of Charmed Life Coaching, a successful life and business coaching company that guides clients to attract more than they chase, to market creatively and inexpensively, and to enjoy success without sacrificing their humanity. Morgana’s clients range from entrepreneurs to executives. A leading expert on wealth manifestation, Morgana is a popular speaker and frequent television and radio guest. Morgana Rae's Financial Alchemy books, cds, magazine articles and classes have impacted the lives of thousands of people worldwide. Contact Morgana at www.MorganaRae.com.