Different variation of camphor essential oil is derived from the roots and woods of the camphor tree by three processes as mentioned below:
1.White Camphor Oil: The white camphor oil is produced by the steam distillation of the root, stumps, branches, and wood of the tree. It is non-toxic and the most widely used variation of camphor oil.
2.Brown Camphor Oil: The second process of extraction produces brown camphor oil, which involves rectification of the root, stumps, and wood of the tree under vacuum. The brown camphor oil contains safrole which is toxic and can cause cancer.
3.Yellow Camphor Oil: The third variation of camphor oil, the yellow camphor oil is produced by the method of filter pressing. Similar to the brown camphor oil, the yellow camphor oil is also toxic and is not used in aromatherapy.
Out of the three types of camphor oil, the white camphor oil is used in several medicinal and aromatherapy purposes due to its properties. It is an effective carminative, aphrodisiac, narcotic, anti-spasmodic, disinfectant, and stimulant.
In addition the all these properties, white camphor oil is a very good therapeutic treatment for controlling thinning, fragile, breaking hair. The oil stimulates the blood circulation in scalp and thus helps in strengthening of hair and restoring a natural shine to it. Listed below are some of the benefits of using white camphor oil for hair growth:
• Regular massaging of scalp with the camphor oil is very beneficial the growth of hair
• Camphor oil when mixed with other herbal oils helps in healthy hair growth as well in relaxing your mind and body.
• Adding camphor oil to your routine of regular hair care will give you strong and shiny hair that can become the reason of envy for others.
• Compliment camphor oil with some amount of glycerin to give an extra boost and softness to your hair. Adding an egg will offer protein for energizing scalp and hair.
• Camphor oil is highly beneficial in cases where hair is falling because of viral conditions, or bacterial/fungal infections. Camphor fights naturally with viruses and fungus to bring back strong, healthy, and shiny hair.
• The aroma of the camphor oil promotes peaceful surroundings and provides calming effect.
Regular use of camphor oil should be accompanied with plenty of water, nutritious diet and adequate rest for its complete benefits in the growth of the hair.