So much is taken for granted because too often we forget just how fortunate we are to be alive, healthy, in varying degrees, and loved, no matter where our homes happen to be in the world.
The weak global economy, perhaps with the exception of China, Russia, and India, offers us an opportunity to reevaluate the things that are important and to improve our lives as well as the lives of those with whom we come into frequent contact.
Now is an excellent time to become more focused on relationships, personal development and spirituality, all of which are important for success.
The following ten actions when performed daily, will help stregthen relationships, nurture personal development, and spirituality:
2. Pray or Meditate Daily: This promotes clarity of thought and direction;
3. Perform Random Acts of Kindness: This action removes the focus from you and
the problems you may have, and it encourages others who may have greater
challenges than your own;
4. Apologize or Say "I am Sorry": Do this sincerely instead of attempting to
justify or defend why you acted or spoke as you did;
5. Keep an Open Mind: Bestselling author Dr.Wayne Dyer in his book,"10 Secrets
for Success and Inner Peace," tells us to 'have a mind opened to everything and
attached to nothing';
6. Learn Something New Daily:This will help to develope open mindedness,which
makes personal development and self-growth possible;
7. Embrace a Loved One:This can be done physically of course, or in some other way. For example, you can become more considerate,or supportive of the loved one's projects,ideas,etc., in an effort to let the person(s)know you are "in his/her
8. Say 'Thank You' for What Others Do for You. This small courtesy helps both the
giver and receiver. When we realize that no one is obligated to do what they do
for us, we will become more appreciative of the kindnesses we receive;
9. Pay a Sincere Compliment to Someone Whom You Ordinarily Overlook. This could be a store clerk, postman, gardener, anyone. Imagine the encouragement and joy the person will get from your "genuine" comment and attention;
10. Have Fun. Too often we get so caught up in 'doing things' that we forget to have
fun during the course of the day.
Remember: The education, the jobs, promotions and businesses, are meant to make life more enjoyable for ourselves and our loved ones.
This list is not an exhaustive one, but when these things are done daily,
over time, there will be noticeable improvement in our lives and in the lives of
those in our ever expanding circle of influence.
Barbara Henry is a published author,(Journaling:Twenty Plus Reasons Why You Should Start Now),personal development expert, and an avid reader of books on self-growth, personal development, and spirituality which are the subjects of her blogs and poems.
As a result of daily journaling since June of 1995, Barbara brands herself as "The Journaling Lady".Visit her website:http://www.barbarajhenry.com; go to the Titles/ Products Page; download a free copy of her very effective and practical tip sheet,"9 Write Ways to Solve Problems",and also sign up for her free newsletter.
To find out more about Barbara, go to: http://www.google.com/profiles/barbarajhenrythejournalinglady.
You can contact Barbara at:Barbara@barbarajhenry.com.